Tuesday, October 28, 2008

What I've been up to

I've been a little busy. With apple Jelly....
Red wine jelly......
Pickled green beans....
Lemon ginger green tomato preserves.....
Pickled green tomatoes....
Grapes in syrup....
Dill pickle carrots.....
Brandied apples.....
Brandy apple syrup.....
Strawberry applesauce....
Apple slices in syrup....
Cinnamon pear applesauce...
There's something very satisfying about canning your own food. It takes a little trial and error and not everything is going to turn out perfect (my apple jelly is more like thick apple water) and yes, sometimes it means spending hours working on something that you could buy for $1.49 at the store but I still think it's worth it. Now if you'll excuse me, I just took some bread out of the breadmaker and it's begging me to slather it in butter and red wine jelly. I cannot resist.

2 comments:

Jen said...

teach me, oh wise one.....

your red wine jelly is UNBELIEVABLE. Put it on a wedge of crusty bread with a wedge of melted cheese and it's better than better than sex. Really.

Jen said...

I just ate the last of the red wine jelly last night. :( I need to learn to make it...